In Loving Memory of Justin Carmical



Justin “JewWario” Carmical passed away at age 42



Justin Carmical, the man behind the character JewWario, passed away Thursday. He was 42.

On the 23rd of January, YouTube entertainer and alumni of ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com Justin Carmical, better known as “JewWario”; the host of You Can Play This, was found and declared dead in his Colorado Springs home at the age of 42. The cause of death was ruled as a suicide via a self-inflicted gunshot and was confirmed by his wife Jennifer Carmical on Facebook two days later.

“It is with a very sad heart that I must confirm my husband, Justin Carmical, sometimes known as the Jew Wario died on Thursday, January 23rd,” she wrote.

Jennifer Carmical revealed Justin Carmical's last work was a song recording with Jonathan Mann of GameJew fame.

        

Justin Carmical gained notoriety through his JewWario character and You Can Play This series. His work often focused on Japanese imported video games that an average gamer could pick up and enjoy with little to moderate ease. He joined Channel Awesome's ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com website in 2009 and left the company on Feb. 15, 2013.

I am deeply saddened by such news. I’ve been sitting here for hours just trying to sort things out in my head. I’ve never been very good at coping with death. Maybe I’m just too immature, but I do know what it feels to lose someone close to me; painfully, suddenly and without warning. The feeling of loss, the questions left unanswered and the words left unspoken can tear at the heart, and leave wounds that never truly heal.

Though I met and befriended several people at Channel Awesome  – Justin was the first Channel Awesome personality I followed and enjoyed.

If Mr. Carmical’s family happens across this, please know that my prayers are with him and all of you.


        

Leave a spotlight on the yellow cap with crudely drawn “W.”

We'll miss you, Justin.


        

No comments

Powered by Blogger.